TOP DESIGNERS, INTERNATIONAL ARTISTS AND FAMED AUTHORS BRING ELECTRIC ENERGY TO WWDMAGIC
Designer Betsey Johnson, Author Charlotte Smith, Spanish Artist Almeriane, Fashion-Centric Technology Partners and Cutting-Edge European Brands Showcased in February
LOS ANGELES, Calif. (January 23, 2012)– WWDMAGIC is poised to present a diverse gathering of the fashion elite this February in Las Vegas. In addition to featuring top designers and more than 2,000 emerging to established labels across every trend and price point, WWDMAGIC will celebrate with appearances by – designer Betsey Johnson, famed Spanish artist Almeriane, “Dreaming of Chanel” author Charlotte Smith and much more. The catwalk is also returning to WWDMAGIC with daily fashion shows featuring over 60 looks each day.
"I'm so excited about my first magical appearance at MAGIC— the perfect show to officially present my Betsey Johnson line, meet andgreet, celebrate Valentine's Day, and sip pink bubbly with the bevy of buyers," said designer Betsey Johnson.
“WWDMAGIC has reached beyond the fashion industry to provide our buyers with creative inspiration, which lies at the heart of our industry,” said Chris DeMoulin, MAGIC International President and Executive Vice President of Advanstar’s Fashion Group. “As always, MAGIC unites the whole spectrum of fashion - to create the kind of energy and enthusiasm that only comes from exploring and discovering exciting new talent at MAGIC.”
Once again, WWDMAGIC will have a presence in both the Central and North Halls of the Las Vegas Convention Center. Central Hall will serve as the dedicated destination for everything trending in young women’s fashion. If tweens and teens care about it, you can see it here. North Hall, the upscale and ultra-fashionable environment will feature the most sophisticated and sought-after in women’s collections. This year’s WWDMAGIC show highlights include:
- Appearance by Betsey Johnson – Designer Betsey Johnson will make a special trip to Las Vegas, directly from New York Fashion Week, for an appearance at her Betsey Johnson booth to spend time with buyers and fans on Tuesday, February 14th from 1:00pm – 4:00pm.
- The Concourse- At the heart of Central Hall is WWDMAGIC’s media-minded trend center, The Concourse. Here, a hyper-cool collective of interactive exhibits will serve as homebase for the industry’s hippest fashion bloggers, syndicating live amidst the excitement of the show floor. Concourse will feature an amazing mix of brands including Betsey Johnson, Free People, French Connection and Jessica Simpson.
- BUZZ BOUTIQUE– WWDMAGIC will debut its new BUZZ BOUTIQUE on the Concourse. This tech area will feature prominent technology and social media partners that are unique and relevant to today’s business of fashion. Partners include companies such as GOOGLE, eBay Fashion, Volusion, Handshake, Storesigns.com, among others.
- Artist J. Piercewill create and paint a 16 foot mural on the show floor during the three days of MAGIC. (www.thejpiercecollection.com).
- “Dreaming of Chanel” Installation & Book Signing –Author Charlotte Smith (Simon & Schuster) will sign copies of her latest book “Dreaming of Chanel.” In conjunction with a “Then & Now” concept installation, Charlotte will display 16 vintage dresses (“Then”) from her own famous collection – eight “little black dresses” and eight “little red dresses.” WWDMAGIC will also display the “Now” – eight modern day designs of both the little black and red dresses (selected from top exhibiting brands).
- Heart of Prêt– Returning for a sophomore season is Heart of Prêt, a partnership with legendary European fashion salon, Prêt à Porter Paris. This year’s showcase has doubled in size and will present more than 30 top French and European designers, many making their debut in the U.S. market. To celebrate, WWDMAGIC will host an opening night reception to welcome all of the designers and brands that have made the journey. Brands include, 2026 Paris, Aventures Des Toiles, Chacook, Fred Sabatier, Lauren Vidal, Pause Café, Rizal, Mado and more.
- Spanish Artist, Almeriane- Spanish Artist- Almeriane,represented by BraveArts Licensing,LLC, and launched by the makers of My Tribe clothing, comes a new line called Almeriane(www.almeriane.com) . An amazing art-to-wear line named after this famed Spanish artist, Almeriane will be on hand all week painting the amazing colors found in the Almeriane line of sweaters, scarves, knit tops and dresses.
- Daily Fashion Shows– The hottest Fall trends will be showcased daily on the show floor, with over 60 looks per show. Daily at 1:00 pm.
Every August and February, the fashion industry converges in Las Vegas for the most influential event in the business – MAGIC.As an incubator of fashion, MAGIC is where new trends surface and develop into what will be seen on the consumer. The show’s goal is to connect and inspire the fashion community. The February 2012 MAGIC will run from February 13 – 15, 2012. For up-to-date exhibitor listings, seminar scheduling, travel support and registration information please visit www.magiconline.com.