SOURCING IN THE AMERICAS’ IS PREMIER FOCUS OF AUGUST 2011 SOURCING AT MAGIC SHOW
U.S. Department of Commerce & Coalition of International Apparel and Textile Trade Associations Host Sourcing Summit & Pavilion at MAGIC to Promote Business in Western Hemisphere
Los Angeles, Calif. (June 27, 2011) – The U.S. Department of Commerce and MAGIC are hosting an Americas Pavilion and Summit – “Sourcing in the Americas” – to highlight the United States and Western Hemisphere supply chain network. “Sourcing in the Americas” will showcase apparel, footwear, fabric and yarn mills, trims/component suppliers, and service providers, as well as promote business and investment in the Western Hemisphere. This summit brings together the U.S. Department of Commerce’s Office of Textiles and Apparel (OTEXA) and the Office of the U.S. Trade Representative (USTR), along with endorsement and support from major U.S. and Western Hemisphere textile, apparel and footwear associations. Exhibitors in the Pavilion will include Denima Trix, Buhler Yarns, Fessler, Kaltex and more.
“Sourcing at MAGIC is the optimal platform to address the Western Hemisphere supply chain and highlight the Americas as the emerging leader for sourcing opportunities,” said Chris DeMoulin, MAGIC International President and Executive Vice President of Advanstar’s Fashion Group.
Obama Administration official Mr. Francisco Sánchez, Under Secretary for the International Trade Administration, U.S. Department of Commerce will be a keynote speaker. Sanchez will address the Western Hemisphere regional textile and apparel supply chain, and as part of the National Export Initiative (NEI), will highlight export successes and potential opportunities for U.S. fiber, yarn and fabric manufacturers.
“I am pleased to participate in this dynamic collaboration between MAGIC, Commerce, USTR the coalition of industry associations and the companies involved in the regional supply chain,” said Sanchez. “Full sourcing in the Western Hemisphere underscores the key elements of quality, speed, flexibility and availability which are cornerstones shaping the competitive advantages of sourcing in the region.”
“Sourcing in the Americas” will feature exhibitors representing the entire America supply chain and a series of seminars with top import suppliers and executives, as well as U.S. government decision makers. Highlights include:
- The New Western Hemisphere Supply Chain – Way Beyond the Basics Sourcing Summit (Sunday, August 21 2:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.) – The Western Hemisphere Sourcing Summit will bring key sourcing executives to hear from brands, manufacturers and experts regarding the new opportunities for sourcing in the Western Hemisphere. Successful supply chain performers will present examples of the “New Western Hemisphere Supply Chain” during a panel discussion and new data will be presented to showcase the region’s competitive advantage. Whether it’s speed to market or a competitive cost structure, the Western Hemisphere is an emerging leader for sourcing opportunities. Obama Administration official Mr. Francisco Sánchez, Under Secretary for the International Trade Administration, U.S. Department of Commerce will be a keynote speaker.
- “National Export Initiative & Sourcing in the Americas” Seminar (Monday, August 22 10:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m. – A special one hour seminar that highlights the U.S. National Export Initiative (NEI) and the Western Hemisphere. The seminar is open to all MAGIC participants and includes panel discussions with leading manufacturers and producers in the region, a new analysis of Western Hemisphere supply chain costs and a roll-out of a DR-CAFTA sourcing database.
About Sourcing at MAGIC
Sourcing at MAGIC is the largest and most comprehensive trade event in North America for the supply side of the fashion industry. Exhibitors include apparel, footwear and accessories manufacturers, fabric mills, trim and component suppliers, print design studios, and supply chain service providers from around the world. The August show runs from August 21-24, 2011 at the Las Vegas Convention Center. For more information, visit www.sourcingatmagic.com
Every August and February, the fashion industry converges in Las Vegas for the most influential event in the business – MAGIC. The August 2011 MAGIC will run from August 22 – 24, 2011. For up-to-date exhibitor listings, seminar scheduling, travel support and registration information please visit www.magiconline.com.
This application to attend MAGIC MARKET WEEK is intended for editorial media only. Ad sales, marketing, public relations, publishing and promotions personnel must use Non-Retail Registration. Employees of media outlets who do not work in an editorial capacity do not qualified for a press credential. Press credentials are reserved for working members of the fashion media who meet the MAGIC criteria.
Editors of in-house newsletters or personal web logs (blogs) will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis.
Press credentials will not be granted to:
- Publishers/associate publishers and any advertising personnel, including directors, managers and account executives.
- Media outlets and editorial personnel whose publication, website or journal does not cover or reflect the fashion market.
- Anyone whose principal purpose for attending MAGIC is, in our judgment, for reasons other than generating news coverage of the event or its participants.
To attend MAGIC MARKET WEEK as Press and report the business of fashion, please contact: