FN PLATFORM AT MAGIC DAZZLES WITH A FRESH COLLECTION OF FOOTWEAR BRANDS, SHOE EXHIBITS, EVENTS, PARTIES AND COMPELLING SEMINARS
LOS ANGELES, Calif. (February 6, 2012)– FN PLATFORM, the shoe show at MAGIC will serve up a fresh assortment of footwear brands, shoe exhibits, events, parties and more in Las Vegas this February. The industry’s number one resource for discovering new vendors and uncovering trends, FN PLATFORM once again brings together the full gamut of the footwear industry to build business, exchange information and foster relationships.
Once again, FN PLATFORM brings together the most influential brands in the industry. New brands in this show include: Rachel Roy, Liebskind and Jorge Bischoff, Isaac Mizrahi, SAS Footwear, Tkees and Fessura, etc. Returning brands include: Camuto Group, Clarks, Stuart Weitzman, ECCO, Merrell, Josef Seibel, Skechers, Steve Madden and many more.
FN PLATFORM’s stellar educational offerings are back with a kick-off full day of seminars on Sunday, February 12—including two USRA sponsored panels: “Selling is a People Thing,” addressing how to build a great sales force, establish goals, train your team and develop effective selling techniques; and “A View from the Top,” a conversation presented by respected vendor and retail experts on the future of footwear retailing. Expert panelists include executives from The Clark’s Companies, Jones Group, Saxon Shoes and more. For up-to-date event and seminar descriptions and locations, please visit www.magiconline.com/seminars.
Other show highlights include:
· Opening Night Party– FN PLATFORM’s opening night party will kick off Monday evening in the FN Café Lounge and feature live music from Vegas legend Peter Monroy and his band. The Valentine’s – themed party will also include the first-ever Lifetime Achievement Award, presented by FDRA (Footwear Distributors and Retailers of America) honoring Ron Fromm, Chairman of the Board of Brown Shoe Company.
· Show Art Installation: “Wimbledon”– in collaboration with the British Footwear Association (BFA). This unique installation will showcase British footwear brands and designers in a game-changing Wimbledon-themed exhibit.
· Meet Personalities – including Skechers’ Mascot, Mr. Quiggly, Dirty Jobs TV personality Mike Rowe at CAT booth and NASCAR drivers Angela and Amber Cope appearances at Luichiny booth.
· Famed Author Book Signing (Tuesday, February 14, 1:30pm – 3:00pm) – “Will Work for Shoes” author Susan Ashbrook will sign autographs inside FOOTSTEPS Lounge.
· FOOTWEAR NEWS Blogger Lounge(Open Daily) - FOOTWEAR NEWS booth will be blogger-central at FN PLATFORM. Today’s hottest footwear bloggers will be reporting on trends and posting live from the lounge.
· WiFi Two Ten Networking Event(Tuesday, February 14, LVCC Meeting Room S231, 6:00 – 7:00pm) - Women in the Footwear Industry will host a networking event.
· Retro- Footwear Advertising Exhibit– an installation of vintage shoe advertisement retrospective taking place in the IN PLAY Lounge throughout the show.
About FN PLATFORM
FN PLATFORM is a joint venture of Advanstar Communications, Fairchild Fashion Group and Footwear News, and debuted in February 2010 with more than 500 brands and 65,000 square feet of space, under the direction of Leslie Gallin, Vice President, Footwear for Advanstar’s Fashion Group. FN PLATFORM is comprised of five unique lifestyle environments showcasing distinctive market categories: Cosmo (women’s fashion footwear), Camp (athleisure, lifestyle casual), Bond (men’s collections), Zen (men’s and women’s euro-comfort), and InPlay (junior’s and children’s).
FN PLATFORM takes place during MAGIC from February 13- 15, 2012 at The Las Vegas Convention Center. For more information, please visit www.fnplatform.com.
Every August and February, the fashion industry converges in Las Vegas for the most influential event in the business – MAGIC.As an incubator of fashion, MAGIC is where new trends surface and develop into what will be seen on the consumer. The show’s goal is to connect and inspire the fashion community. The February 2012 MAGIC will run from February 13 – 15, 2012 with Sourcing at MAGIC opening at 12:00pm on Sunday, February 14th. For up-to-date exhibitor listings, seminar scheduling, travel support and registration information please visit www.magiconline.com.
This application to attend MAGIC MARKET WEEK is intended for editorial media only. Ad sales, marketing, public relations, publishing and promotions personnel must use Non-Retail Registration. Employees of media outlets who do not work in an editorial capacity do not qualified for a press credential. Press credentials are reserved for working members of the fashion media who meet the MAGIC criteria.
Editors of in-house newsletters or personal web logs (blogs) will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis.
Press credentials will not be granted to:
- Publishers/associate publishers and any advertising personnel, including directors, managers and account executives.
- Media outlets and editorial personnel whose publication, website or journal does not cover or reflect the fashion market.
- Anyone whose principal purpose for attending MAGIC is, in our judgment, for reasons other than generating news coverage of the event or its participants.
To attend MAGIC MARKET WEEK as Press and report the business of fashion, please contact: